Staunton Media Lab (SML) has concluded its three-week workshop series on Chromebook via live broadcast on March 16. The workshop was held on Google Hangouts and streamed on YouTube. Chromebook is a cloud-based netbook computer with a WiFi connection and limited storage. Last week’s broadcast covered security, storage options, accessibility settings, among other features.
Below are a few key points that were covered this week.
Touchpad or mouse?
As MaryKatherine Feehan, SML’s social media volunteer coordinator, explained, the Chromebook’s touchpad has no left- or right-click button, so you can use a mouse, or you can try some tricks using your fingers and the touchpad:
- move one finger to move the cursor
- use two fingers to right-click
- use two fingers to scroll it up and down the page
- move two fingers left or right to go back and forward on a page
- if you move three fingers up and down it will minimize the screen
Posted in Blog